Contact           Rules           FAQ           RT    

Remember me

[ 10 posts ] 

Author Text

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012, 22:19 

Author
Founder
Lvl 4
With the limited activity shown around the site since the beginning of beta, we've been trying to sort out the best ways to allow activity on the forum to thrive while still maintaining our 'approval' barrier to protect the community's interests. Today, we're taking a big step in order to build our community around this game.

:whites:  :violets:  :blacks: Darkell IDs :blacks:  :violets:  :whites:

Up until now, new members had to roleplay meeting their RAIN on the ferryboat. A handful of testers Extensive research suggests this approach is too limiting and seems to stifle roleplays a bit- besides our 'sparkfire assistance' notion being a bit confusing.

In answer to these problems, our new members / Ferry Riders will now be allowed to RP about whatever they want (within the rules) on the Ferry or in Darkell until they get their 10 posts, and get their hands on their Darkell ID. So you can still RP on the Ferry if you want to, but you don't need to if you want to roleplay with others who already have their IDs.

Your ID is required to contribute to a lot of the advanced features of the forum- including the gallery, blogs, most events, and buying items in the marketplace. It's the same as a regular approval used to be, the main difference being that it doesn't stop you from roleplaying your character with other newbies.

The Darkell Ferry section and group have been renamed to New Arrivals, and we're working to shift over any rules or site literature to reflect the change. (If you notice something that we missed, feel free to let us know.)

Discuss. ;)

-------------> Image Image
:oranges: :yellows: :whites: Near a tree by a river,   There's a hole in the ground :whites: :yellows: :oranges: <-------------
:oranges: :yellows: :whites: Where an old man of Aran, Goes around and around :whites: :yellows: :oranges: <-------------

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012, 22:48 

New User
maybe its cause im tired, but this is just so kinda overwhelming.
so lemme get this straight, you dont have to do the ferry rides, its optional, thus meaning you dont have to rp getting your rain?

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012, 22:52 

Author
Founder
Lvl 4
Right. You still need 10 posts to get approved, but you can roleplay a variety of other things.

-> Watching a challenge match
-> Finding your new apartment
-> Meeting people who already live on the island
-> Exploring the island
-> Shopping
-> Bar hopping
Whatever else it is you do in your RPS!

... aaaand you can still roleplay meeting your RAIN and riding the boat if you want to. ;)

We mostly wanted to open things up, because it seems difficult for people who are already approved to RP with people who aren't, given the ferry. I should also make the note that you still get the same amount of T for posting in the newbie section as the normal section, so there's no reason for established members to avoid it based on points.

-------------> Image Image
:oranges: :yellows: :whites: Near a tree by a river,   There's a hole in the ground :whites: :yellows: :oranges: <-------------
:oranges: :yellows: :whites: Where an old man of Aran, Goes around and around :whites: :yellows: :oranges: <-------------

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012, 23:12 

Founder
Lvl 6
Yaay for options! \owo/
*has nothing of significance to contribute at this time*
also, the medic topic is up. ;3

Image Image Image

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012, 23:17 

New User
Oh sweet thats awesome :"D

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012, 23:20 

Founder
Lvl 6
I updated my thread in the RP Chat btw Gaia. :3 If you want to start, I can play Icarus and Trace if you like. Or if you still wanted to start out on the boat I can still play Seree. :3

Image Image Image

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2012, 00:56 

Lvl 2
This idea is FAR nicer than the ferry. Back seat critic approved.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2012, 02:09 

New User
I started the boat rp and sent you the link :'D

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2012, 02:27 

Founder
Lvl 6
Lol, Ternie, we know you have pretty good sense about these things. ;3 We've been trying to work out a way to deal with the "Ferry Problem" for some time now. :V I think this works best, and with a double option, people can RP a SparkFire employee if people still want to be on the boat, and later in the RP get off the boat and meet people's real characters. Also, it's great to see you back, remember to check the calendar, we have events coming in October.

Gaia: got it. :3 I shall reply when I don't have school in 8hrs and should be sleeping. XD *skitters to bed*

Image Image Image

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2016, 13:43 

New User
maybe its cause im tired, but this is just so kinda overwhelming.
so lemme get this straight, you dont have to do the ferry rides, its optional, thus meaning you dont have to rp getting your rain?

[ 10 posts ]